Our client is looking for a Solution Architect to support their German team, either based out of Berlin or wider Germany, to help lead and steer their Technical strategy approach for many different clients. The overall goal of the Solution Architect is to help design and deliver robust, secure, efficient and properly built digital solutions on a range of technologies, while making sure that both the business and the different levels of technical teams have a clear understanding of the solution.
The Solution Architect we’re looking for is ideally a former senior developer with at least 1 year of experience in solution architecture. They should have at least a B2 proficiency in German in order to be able to establish a professional communication with German clients.
● Leading and participating in/steering workshops & project planning phases
● Consistently demonstrating technical craftsmanship in detailed architecture diagrams, data models, mockups and journey maps
● Translating user requirements into technical solutions
● Managing expectations arising through consultation with senior stakeholders, in both our branches and the client's
● Reviewing technical solutions and proposals, evaluating alternative approaches and supporting the development of prototypes as well as technical/functional specifications
● Occasional development (or supporting development) of proof-of-concept applications or prototypes, in order to prove the possibility and feasibility of certain features where clarity is missing.
● Mentoring and leading team members (remote and local) to effect optimal client training and workflows, while avoiding scope creep
● Ensuring overall transformation of clients' current solutions from legacy setups to state-of-the-art functionality
Our ideal candidate has several years of experience combined in a senior developer and solution architecture role, and will have functioned as lead on diverse development projects. You are a technical thinker who works well at a program level to define requirements; but more than that you are proactive, enthusiastic and committed to delivering solutions that clients love.
Beyond some hands-on development, you will need solid experience in leading a team and you will also need to have been part of pitching and selling projects, by doing tech validation, estimations, and communicating technical solutions.
● Previous experience with designing, documenting, and implementing RESTful APIs
● Experience in software development, including leading teams on cloud-based and/or scalable digital solution builds for mobile, web and backend
● Passion for designing understandable, scalable, and robust architectures, sensible to the wider team.
● Years of practical application of the Agile methodology and the ability to coach and inspire others in this approach
● A keen interest in mentoring/developing those around you and fostering an office environment defined by clear, open communication
● B2 or higher proficiency in German
● The cool head and social ease that makes you client-compatible and able to pitch ideas on all fronts; an effective representative of technical experts
● A work approach characterized by empathy, confident and consistent decision-making, and a love of problem solving
● Knowledge of the challenges that accompany cross-office and/or digital agency product development and project management
● Quality consciousness
Advantageous, but not required, would be experience in/with:
● Mobile development
● Data Science / Data Engineering / Machine Learning
● Architecting IOT and Connected Device solutions
● Sitecore, Contentful experience
● Architecture in an enterprise setting
● Working in the Digital Agency environment
Our client cares a great deal about a good work-life balance and a flat, accessible organisational structure. They define themselves as employers in the sense of trust shared amongst co-workers and in constantly and unanimously providing the opportunity for autonomy in individual approaches to work and stakeholder management. If you want to join their team, apply today!
In joining them they offer a competitive salary as well as other benefits that you can look forward to such as:
● Choice of windows laptop or a MacBook and Bose noise cancelling headphones when you start
● Flexible working hours
● Good opportunities to grow professionally
● Budget available for training and conferences
● Digital meal-vouchers
● Free office drinks etc.
● Friendly and supportive co-workers!
● An organization that listens to your feedback and tries to accommodate your preferences and ambitions