Our client is looking for a motivated Senior Android Engineer, ideally based in Berlin. They will have a passion for growing, learning, and contributing knowledge with a positive, proactive attitude. If you are someone who is comfortable taking an idea from design through to deployment then we would love to hear from you.
Ideally, you are a senior developer with at least a B2 proficiency in German,
and already skilled in developing apps connecting to Bluetooth / BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) devices
● Taking Android projects from design through to final delivery
● Providing support and maintenance of Android projects after delivery
● Driving development and the establishment of the company's coding standards, quality control, testing and process guidelines within the local team structure
● Reviewing technical solutions and proposals, evaluating alternative approaches and supporting the development of prototypes as well as technical/functional specifications
● Mentoring and leading team members, while assisting the team with peer reviews and in ensuring the highest quality code is delivered
● Understanding design specs and giving feedback to improve it even further
● Active participation in improving the the company's Android practice (e.g. coding standards, testing approaches, architecture, documentation, internal tools, open-source libraries, etc.) is very welcome
● Writing clean, reusable code, and having a passion for mobile development
● Communicating with project managers, QA teams, Scrum masters, etc
● Partnering closely with front-end, back-end, iOS, Product and UX team members
● Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint plannings and estimation meetings
● Participating in requirement specifications
Our ideal candidate has experience working as a Senior Android Developer and is a technical thinker who works well at a program level to define requirements; but more than that you are proactive, enthusiastic and committed to delivering solutions that clients love. Beyond some hands-on development, you need to have helped be a technical advisor on client meetings, by doing tech validation, estimations and communicating technical solutions.
● Good Experience with Kotlin and Java
● Knowing your way around Coroutines and preferably Flow (or RxJava)
● Good Experience with DI such as Dagger 2 or Koin
● Experienced in working with RESTful APIs; Git, Git flow, GitHub; CI and CD; third party libraries and a range of third-party services
● A passion for development and a work approach characterized by empathy, confident and consistent decision-making and a love of problem solving
● Years of practical application of the Agile methodology and the ability to coach and inspire others in this approach
● Strong advocate of testing and quality conscious
● B2 or higher proficiency in German
Advantageous, but not required, would be experience in/with:
● Flutter or iOS experience would be a huge plus!
● Acquainted with the principles of functional and reactive programming
● DevOps experience on GitHub Actions or Bitrise
● Existing experience of working in a digital agency environment
● Contributions to open-source projects or being able to provide complete code examples
What we offer
Our Danish heritage means that we care a great deal about a good work-life balance and a flat, accessible organisational structure. We define ourselves as employers in the sense of trust shared amongst co-workers and in constantly and unanimously providing the opportunity for autonomy in individual approaches to work and stakeholder management. If you want to join our team, apply today! In joining us we offer a competitive salary as well as other benefits that you can look forward to such as:
● Choice of windows laptop or a MacBook and Bose noise cancelling headphones when you start
● Flexible working hours
● Good opportunities to grow professionally
● Budget available for training and conferences
● Digital meal-vouchers
● Free office drinks etc.
● Friendly and supportive co-workers!
● An organization that listens to your feedback and tries to accommodate your preferences and ambitions